Applications must be postmarked by August 1st.
The ASBA offers the following:
Artist and Education Grants
- $3,000 Anne Ophelia Dowden Grant
- $3,000 Julius Brown Grant
$1,000 Grant (up to two)
Proposals most likely to receive serious consideration should include:
- Goals and/or objectives related to the observation and scientifically accurate portrayal of plants.
- A focus on specific techniques for portraying plants, botanical art history or appreciation.
- Educational materials developed in conjunction with the activity accessible to the public for the benefit and promotion of botanical art.
- Goals or objectives related to the personal development of an artist that include aspects to be shared with others.
All members who have belonged to ASBA for the last two years and have not received an ASBA grant in the last two years are eligible to apply for grant funding.
For more details, download: